6 Creative Businesses That Help Me Grow My Handcrafted Jewellery Business
As an entrepreneur, I am always looking for ways to grow my handcrafted jewellery business. Thankfully, I have found six creative businesses that have supported me on my journey. From workshops to resources, they have all been invaluable in helping me work smarter and reach my goals faster. Let’s check them out!
1) Knowle West Media Centre, KWMC, provides business enterprise support through the MADE in South Bristol program. I also attended a laser cutting acrylic jewellery workshop at The Factory, Filwood Green, Bristol. These are great for anyone who wants to learn how to make their own jewellery at home!
2) Studio Cotton - I discovered Studio Cotton through KWMC’s online workshops and their Instagram account is filled with useful tips. If you want to learn more about marketing and need someone to design and build your website this is the place to go!
3) The Design Trust - The Design Trust is a valuable resource of information for entrepreneurs. I use their diary planner plus the 90-day planning works for me. They also offer a business club and strategic away days for those who need extra help with growing their business.
4) Spark Social - Spark Social is run by Lou, and she offers Instagram workshops as well as stop-motion ones. I’ve tried both of these and they are great if you want to get creative with your business ideas! Make sure you follow her on Instagram too as she has lots of helpful advice there too!
5) Prior Shop - is owned by Beck and it’s a beautiful award-winning shop in Cabot Circus, Bristol, that sells responsibly made products from a variety of designers. It’s great if you’re looking for unique items that won’t hurt the environment. It’s also a fantastic community hub with regular workshops, events and a gallery space too!
6) Outset Bristol and YTKO have been a great help in providing free business support. They offer services such as finance, marketing, writing a business plan, and how to run a sustainable business. I am very grateful for their help.
The Sustainable Impact Champions programme is an excellent initiative that has helped me grow my business sustainably. I am proud to have been accredited as a Sustainable Impact Champion (read about the award here) I have also completed a Skills Bootcamp in Organisational Sustainability. This helped me develop my sustainability page.
All six of these businesses have helped me grow my business in different ways, from providing invaluable resources to offering inspiring workshops which help get your creative juices flowing! If you're an entrepreneur looking for some help getting your business off the ground, then I highly recommend checking out any one of these amazing businesses — you won't be disappointed!